The pCP Team has released an new version of piCorePlayer.
- Kernel 4.19.40
- AudioCore kernel 4.19.40-rt19. All RPi processors supporting Realtime Kernels.
- RPi Firmware 2019/05/02
- Update to Squeezelite v1.9.2-1158-pCP. Includes https direct streaming support.
- Add support for HiFiBerryDAC+ADC.
- Add support for Audiophonics ISabre Q2M DAC.
- Add support for ApplePi DACs.
- Stream sound from Audio Input cards supported with pcp-streamer.
- Upgrade to BusyBox 1.30.1
- Multi-threaded extension bootloader for faster boots.
- glibc 2.29
- wpa_supplicant/hostapd 2.27
- Perl 5.28
- Samba 4.10.4
- Redesigned extension page.
- Add iperf3 to diagnostic tools.
- Many fixes and correction.
- GPIO based IR receivers with Jivelite installed, now use kernel Keytables for function.
- Slimdevices remote is the default controller.
- Other configurations can be uploaded from the IR page.
- Adding a file named “netusb” to the boot partition will automatically load/configure net-usb kernel modules.
- Adding wpa_supplicant.conf to the boot partition will automatically enable Wifi.
- Download new image and configure from scratch.
- Insitu update is available, and handles most installations. You will need to run HotFix on your 4.1.0 installation.
New images or insitu update are available. The released versions can be downloaded from here.
The pCP Team
Paul, Greg, Ralphy and Steen
Older versions of piCorePlayer may not be compatible with the newer versions of the Raspberry Pi. You need to review the Release notes to determine when the support for your particular Raspberry Pi was added. It is safer to use the latest version of piCorePlayer as it will be compatible with the latest version of the Raspberry Pi.