Hi, the pCP Team are proud to announce the release of a new piCorePlayer 3.10. Because of the many changes, improvements, bug fixes and additions, we decided to jump directly from version 3.02 to 3.10.
Actually, we have released two versions:
- piCorePlayer 3.10 which is a normal version like all previous pCP releases. The kernel and modules are vanilla versions from the official Raspberry Pi and piCore (Tinycore) repo.
- piCorePlayer 3.10-Audio which contains all the same improvements as the above mentioned version, but in addition, we have added all the audio related patches that Clive (aka JackOfAll) made for the Raspberry Pi kernel. So here we have support for more I2S-DACs and we support higher sample rates etc.
- Updated to Kernel 4.4.39.
- Samba Server implemented in [Beta] Mode.
- Squeezelite is now dynamically linked.
- Added Advanced audio card control - lets you control output level, available DTP filters, and parameter to dtoverlay.
- Shairport-Sync updated to a lighter weight.
- New pCP extension repository, hopefully more stable.
- Numerous under the hood changes and bug fixes.
As we have so many changes we unfortunately are unable to offer “in situ” update - so will need to burn the new image (after unzipping the download) to your SD card. Also the “newconfig method” via USB stick won’t work for this version.
Please try these additions from [Squeezelite Settings] web page choose “Advanced Options” (you need to be in [Beta] mode):
Samba is added - after many requests from you - so here it is from the [LMS] web page (you need to be in [Beta] mode):
Get them from here: Downloads
The pCP Team
Paul, Greg, Ralphy and Steen
Older versions of piCorePlayer may not be compatible with the newer versions of the Raspberry Pi. You need to review the Release notes to determine when the support for your particular Raspberry Pi was added. It is safer to use the latest version of piCorePlayer as it will be compatible with the latest version of the Raspberry Pi.