New piCorePlayer 1.21a ready.
Note But first I owe you all an apology. Unfortunately all 1.21 users will find that you are unable to do in situ update - sorry about that.
- If you are using piCorePlayer 1.21 You will need to burn the 1.21a img directly to the SD card.
- If you are using piCorePlayer 1.19 or older you can update from the web pages as always.
- Kernel updated with the most recent fixes (4.1.6) especially this https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/pull/1125 which I think indicate that the kernel is ready for fbtft users.
- Build with fbtft support - (module package will come later).
- host name setting is fixed (now a reboot is needed in order to change host name).
- Hiface USB module included.
- Build with IRDA support - modules still need to be included in a separate package (will come later).
- Various bug fixes related to Wifi, ALSA settings, in situ update etc.
If you are comfortable editing a file in piCorePlayer you can fix the in situ update problem in piCorePlayer 1.21. Otherwise you simply download piCorePlayer 1.21a_RPi or piCorePlayer 1.21a_RPi2 and burn it to your SD card.
Find and edit line #59 using vi editor in the insitu.cgi file located here: /home/tc/www/cgi-bin/insitu.cgi
sudo -P "$UPD_PCP"/boot "$INSITU_DOWNLOAD"/"$INSITU"/"$INSITU"_boot.tar.gz
-P "$UPD_PCP"/boot "$INSITU_DOWNLOAD"/"$INSITU"/"$INSITU"_boot.tar.gz
The pCP Team
Paul, Greg, Ralphy and Steen
Older versions of piCorePlayer may not be compatible with the newer versions of the Raspberry Pi. You need to review the Release notes to determine when the support for your particular Raspberry Pi was added. It is safer to use the latest version of piCorePlayer as it will be compatible with the latest version of the Raspberry Pi.